FIND A JOB
Put your passion to work.
Client Billing Representative
The Client Billing Representative is a full-time, nonexempt, hourly position in the Accounting Department, supervised by the Client Accounting Manager and reporting to the Director of Finance. The hours of employment are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Client Billing Representative may be required from time to time to work additional hours in order to ensure the timely rendering of services.
• Prepare, review, and approval of client invoices using Aderant Expert and DFTech’s PrebillManager.
• Follow detailed, specific instructions, to ensure invoices conform to attorney instructions and outside counsel guidelines.
• Trouble shoot e-billing issues.
• He/she is able to work with secretaries and attorneys to research questions and resolve billing-related issues as they arise.
• Assists with the preparation and distribution of attorney pre-bills and other time and billing-related reports.
• Prepare ad hoc customized reports upon request
• Provides training and support for ExpertImage, Aderant Expert classic and enhanced time entry, and DFTech’s PebillManager.
• Backup coverage for the Cash Receipts Specialist and/or the Accounting Data Specialist.
• Assist the Client Billing Group Leader and the Client Accounting Manager with special projects when necessary.
• Minimum of two years of billing experience desired, preferably in a professional services or law firm environment
• Strong math and understanding of accounting principles
• Experience with third party e-billing software programs
• S/he must be able to analyze and resolve problems and discrepancies in basic accounting and billing transactions
• Experience in a legal billing environment preferred.
• Strong organization
• Perform work timely and meet deadlines
• Take an appropriate level of initiative
• Communicate well with others.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Analyze and process data input and output using the software. The Client Billing Representative must always treat the business of the Firm with the utmost confidentiality.